Each Friday we’re highlighting one of the lovely women in our community. Today we're talking to Forth alum Bryn McCoy, the CTO and Founder of Citizen Made, a platform that makes it easier for makers to sell custom products online and in-store. Today Bryn shares some of her most frequented spots in Chicago, her picks for the best bites in the city, her go-to websites, and places she dreams of traveling to some day!
Places I frequent in Chicago:
1. Goddess & Grocer
– best breakfast sandwiches in town (except for maybe West Town Bakery's egg sandwich on glazed donut!) + I love the fun new balcony upstairs.
2. The Book Cellar
– Lincoln Square is a favorite hangout, The Book Cellar is packed full of goodies when I want to hide out in one of their corner chairs and read for a few. Plus, Cafe Selmarie
is right across the street.
3. Winnemac Park
– This park has preserved the region's native meadows + it has the loveliest willows throughout.
– Collectible vinyl toys from the best of the best + an art gallery to boot. My kids and I love to hang out here.
Best Bites in Chicago:
– I like it raw.
– even my kids love sushi.
3. West Town Bakery
– hot sauce from the local coop, cake balls and, of course, the glazed donut egg sandwich.
4. The Publican
– most minimal, graceful ceviche I've ever had.
Sites I Lurve:
1. www.surfermag.com - This may be my last year in Chicago for a while, only because I miss real waves. There are few things that make me feel more connected in this world.
2. www.kellywearstler.com - Edgy, earthy, stark… I really love this brand.
3. www.olafureliasson.net - Olafur Eliasson may be my favorite artist–the way he transforms time and space is profound.
4. www.badatsports.com - The conversations herein stretch my mind so far, it hurts. So good.
Places I’ll go someday:
1. French Polynesia – to surf.
2. Harajuku, Japan – to shop.
3. Biarritz, France – royal surfing.
4. Florianopolis, Brazil – more surf, but also to dance like there's no tomorrow
Thanks for sharing, Bryn! I've heard great things about West Town Deli - adding that to my list of places to try now. And take us surfing with on your next surfing trip, please! You can find her on facebook