Each Friday we’re highlighting one of the lovely women in our community by learning about her favorite Chicago places and restaurants, hearing what websites she’s all jazzed about, and gaining some inspiration from destinations she’s dreaming of traveling to next.
It’s 4 x Forth Friday and today we’re talking to Jill Salzman!
Places I frequent in Chicago:
1. Schubas, my favorite live music venue in Chicago
2. Sultan's Market has the best falafel in town
3. My coworking space, 1871
4. Oak Park's Farmer's Market - for the fresh donuts!
Places I’ll go someday:
1. On a segway tour, any segway tour, in Chicago
2. King's Spa in Niles, IL is supposed to be an awesome full-day experience
3. I've heard that The Pita Inn in Skokie, IL has great, great food
4. The Field Museum - Is it embarrassing that I have not been there yet?
Best bites in Chicago:
1. Mana Food Bar - delicious vegetarian & vegan food in Wicker Park. And I mean *delicious.*
2. Lem's BBQ is the best BBQ I've ever had anywhere in the world.
3. Little Goat - Girl & The Goat's little sister restaurant across the street.
4. Topolobampo for delicious Mexican by the famous Rick Bayless.
Sites I lurve:
1. Orbit Media Studios Blog, a very, very helpful site for us content marketers.
2. Betali.st - find out all the new up and coming sites out there that are in beta because I heart startups.
3. Obviously, Hootsuite. Keeping up with social media is hard and this makes it slightly less hard.
4. Sadly, TMZ. No need to explain, right?
Thanks for sharing Jill. Schubas is my favorite live music venue in the city too, so tiny and intimate! Sultans makes some killer baba ganoush as well...and now you also have me craving Little Goat's goat chili cheese fries.
Jill's the founder of Founding Moms, the world’s first and only kid-friendly collective of monthly meetups for mom entrepreneurs. You can also find Jill on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram too!