Each Friday we’re highlighting one of the lovely women in our community by learning about her favorite Chicago places and restaurants, hearing what websites she’s all jazzed about, and gaining some inspiration from destinations she’s dreaming of traveling to next.
It’s 4 x Forth Friday and today we’re talking to Forth alum Vana Chupp - owner and creative director of Le Papier Studio. Vana illustrates elegant custom silhouettes and will be speaking at our Etsy Shop Ownership Panel Talk on July 8th (details and tickets here).
Places that inspire me in Chicago:
1. Art Institute of Chicago - My husband and I love to check out any interesting new exhibits every chance we get. We make a date out of it! It gives us a chance to be together and enjoy something we both like (we’re both trained as architects).
2. Millenium Park- We love taking our little family downtown for a long stroll and a picnic in the park in the summertime.
3. Bottle and Bottega in Evanston has become a favorite place for us to sip some wine while we freshen up our painting/drawing skills. We always end up meeting fun couples in there.
Places I'll go someday:
1. Paris - there’s always Paris! - and it's at the top of my list. I’ve been there before but I can’t get enough of it. We are planning a long anniversary celebration there soon.
2. Savannah, GA - is a place I dream of living in and owning a little boutique studio someday. The architecture and the charm of this city has been capturing my heart for years now.
3. French Riviera - The south of France offers some of the most pristine vacation places. I dream of a long summer vacation in the Mediterranean Sea with our entire family.
Best Bites in Chicago:
1. The Boarding House (see above) - we like to spoil ourselves when we’re here. They have a huge collection of wines and wonderful pairings. We often order a few dishes and end up sharing them. My favorite item on their menu is the New York Strip Steak with asparagus, roasted carrots, and potato puree. Amazing every single time.
2. Mercat a la Planxa has become our anniversary celebration spot. We love the tapas menu and they have the best sangria there too. Favorite item in the menu: dates wrapped in bacon.
3. Le Pain Quotidiene in West Loop is a favorite place to do brunch with local friends. Was first introduced to LPQ in Los Angeles (fun outdoor dining) and have been hooked ever since.
4. Capannari’s Ice Cream in Mount Prospect is our guilty pleasure. We take the boys there almost weekly - they each have a favorite flavor they love. Mine is Dolce de Lece (a rotator, so make sure to order it when available!)
Sites I lurve:
1. www.haveninparis.com - when I need to daydream of life in Paris.
2. www.notcot.org - is a cool new site both my hubby and I love. It’s a collection of cool architecture, products and designs.
3. www.great.ly - coolest new boutique/site to shop handmade goodness. It’s curated by some of the biggest bloggers.
4. www.marieforleo.com - for all the business advice and inspiration I ever need.
Thank you for sharing Vana! Agreed, picnics in Millennium Park are hart to beat, The Boarding House is a total gem (their decor is to die for!), and we'll be daydreaming of Paris alongside you with